Alcorn State University is looking for a Strength & Conditioning Coach in Lorman, MS
Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
Posted Salary Range
Commensurate with experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred; supplemented with three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
- National Strength and Conditional Association and Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association certification referred.
Purpose of Job
The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach principal purpose is to implement, conduct, and monitor strength and conditioning program for Division I athletic program; assist with rehabilitation of injured athletes; assist in overall management of strength and conditioning facility.
Scope of Responsibilities
The Head Strength and Conditioning Coach works directly with the head coach of each sport to implement and execute strength and conditioning program(s) for assigned Division I athletic teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) rules related specifically to recruitment and to the on-going performance of duties.
- Develop, implement, and monitor speed, strength, and conditioning programs to enhance athletic performance for Division I athletic teams
- Instruct, monitor, and educate all student-athletes regarding proper weight training techniques for improved athletic performance for Division I athletic teams.
- Supervise weight room and other designated facilities, ensuring proper maintenance of equipment while monitoring compliance of safety procedures.
- Collaborate with athletic training staff in the rehabilitation of athletic-related injuries as well as daily programs.
- . Manage the daily operation of the weight room, including scheduling, inventory, maintenance, and purchasing of new equipment.
- Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all University, SWAC and NCAA guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred; supplemented with with three (3) to five (5) years of related experience.
- National Strength and Conditional Association and Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association certification.
Licensing and Certifications
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- CPR/AED certification.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Knowledge of strength and conditioning equipment
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Supervisory skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Work in noisy (above 85 decibels) areas
Sedentary Work – Exerting 10 pounds
Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds
Medium Work – Exerting 20-50 pounds
Heavy Work – Exerting 50-100 pounds
Very Heavy Work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds
Extended Work Hours
Number of Vacancies
Position End Date (if temporary)
Open Until Filled