New Jersey Institute of Technology is looking for an Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach
Under the direction of the Senior Administrator, the Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach assists the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach with all aspects of the strength and conditioning department, including the development and implementation of strength and conditioning training for all student athletes. In addition, they will assist in rehabilitation, nutrition and team support for assigned teams and student athletes.
- Strength and Conditioning Activities: This function finds its incumbent providing a full array of services related to proper running of the strength and conditioning program. By way of illustration and not limitation, this function:
- Develops and implements comprehensive strength training and speed/agility/conditioning activities for assigned teams and student athletes.
- Provide certified and safe instruction in the use of weight machines, free weights, and conditioning equipment.
- Conduct testing and evaluation of student athletes to effectively monitor desired training outcomes.
- Use and maintain all available technology to monitor and enhance desired training outcomes.
- Provides assistance to Head and Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coaches with teams and student athletes, as necessary.
- Provides nutritional and rehabilitation support for assigned teams and student-athletes, in collaboration with Sports Medicine Staff, Physical Therapists and Strength and Conditioning Coaches.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures for safe operation of the Varsity Weight Room. Assesses equipment as needed and recommends items for purchase.
- Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and to government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents and the general public.
- NCAA Compliance: Knowledge of and adherence to all applicable NCAA rules, regulations, bylaws, constitutions and related university rules, regulations and policies.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Health or a related field.
- Certification: NSCA CSCS or CSCCa SCCC.
- Experience in a Professional, Collegiate, High School or Private Strength and Conditioning program.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with staff and students. Must possess the ability to foster a cooperative environment. Must be able to organize and coordinate. Must have the ability to understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures. Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- At the University’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate to the satisfaction of the University, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
- First Aid, AED & CPR certified.
One year of Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Experience as a volunteer, intern, graduate assistant or assistant.