University of Illinois is looking for an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach
Primary Position Function/Summary: Assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach in developing and implementing individualized conditioning programs for student-athletes.
Program Development –
- Develop and implement individualized conditioning programs for student-athletes
- Physical screening/assessment of individual student athletes, and implement customized, corrective exercise
- Assess individual student athletes and address any identified mobility limitation
Program Management and Interdepartmental Collaboration
- Assist in managing, supervising and controlling the operation of the weight room
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment, including weight machines and other strength and conditioning equipment, including regular inspection, recommendation on repair/replacement as necessary
- Assist in dietary needs of student-athletes? work compatibly and cooperatively with other staff and personnel in all other sports
- Work compatibly and cooperatively with other strength & conditioning staff, team coaches, student-athletes and personnel
Education: Required: Bachelor’s Degree in sport management, kinesiology, recreation or related field
Preferred: Master’s degree
Experience: Required: Minimum one year of strength and conditioning experience at the collegiate and/or professional level, either as a student-athlete or employee
Preferred: Demonstrated personal relationship skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, staff, and administrative personnel. Experience working with Softball, M&W Gymnastics, Swimming and Diving is helpful. Experience in designing, developing and using social media platforms. Experience in the use of VBT methodologies and the use of performance technologies available such Tendo, GymAware, Eliteform,, GPS, force plates, timing system.
N.S.C.A, or C.S.C.C.A certification as well as certification in CPR/AED and First Aid
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge of and compliance with, specific NCAA, Big Ten Conference, and institution rules that relate to this position is required. Demonstrated personal relations skills in dealing with student-athletes, peers, staff and administrative personnel
Environmental Demands: Working evenings and weekends.