Utah State University is looking for an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach in Logan, UT
This is a full-time, 12-month, Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach position. The position will support and assist the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Football. Duties will focus on providing and ensuring a safe training environment while directly overseeing the development and implementation of training programs for multiple student- athletes in a variety of sports.
All department employees are required to demonstrate exemplary ethical conduct and conformance to NCAA rules and regulations; the duties of the position are to be performed in compliance with all NCAA, and Mountain West rules and regulations; and any rules violations on behalf of themselves or any knowledge of violations within the department are to be reported to the appropriate parties.
- Reports directly to the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach for Football
- Design, implement, supervise and monitor all facets of strength and conditioning programs of assigned teams, to include:
- Periodized Annual Plans
- Sport specific resistance training programs
- Sport specific conditioning programs
- Individual programs when necessitated
- Collaboration with sports medicine to ensure all preventative and rehabilitation concerns are addressed
- Team travel
- Ensure that the strength and conditioning department is in compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.
- Participate in international, national, regional, and department seminars.
- Conduct, and assist in, presentations to visiting coaches and camps.
- Anticipate potential risks of injury, have the ability to implement emergency medical procedures.
- Liaise with other coaches, administration, team support personnel and department members as applicable.
- Assist in recruitment, hiring, and supervising of highly qualified and competent strength and conditioning graduate assistants.
- Maintain all required S&C certifications.
- Maintain current CPR/AED certifications.
- Supervise and assist in general maintenance and cleaning of facility and its equipment.
- Ensure facility is in proper order when opening, throughout the day, and closing.
- Finally, must adhere to and only implement industry accepted, scientifically supported methodologies when dealing with all varsity athletes. Methods must be tested and properly implemented into the overall training plan for each athlete.
Bachelors Degree in Exercise Science or related field
Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist National Strength and Conditioning Association – NSCA
2 or more years of relevant experience with the primary job responsibility of S&C Coach
Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
Ability to work productively with sport coaches, fellow team members, sports medicine, administration and student-athletes
Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
Commitment to promote an atmosphere of compliance and adherence to institutional, conference and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Job offer is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check